Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Obama's no Jedi!

by Paul Glasco

I am reminded on a daily basis how little the current administration thinks of us - the "little" people. Take this excerpt from http://www.barackobama.com/ posted this week: "One year in, the evidence is clear – and growing by the day – that the Recovery Act is working to cushion the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression and lay a new foundation for economic growth."

And this lovely graph accompanied it:



This can only be defined as clear cut propaganda. They know this. I know this. But how many of the "herd" don't see this? They see big words and shiny graphs and think, "Must be true!"

Now I have faith in my American brothers and sisters that we aren't that stupid. My real issue is how the current administration can create fluff and never have to explain how they arrived at certain numbers!

If my banker tells me that the reason I have less money in my account this month is because my interest rate went down in my savings account, I'll ask him "Ok, what did it go down to?" And he'll have to show me before I'm satisfied. If he gives me a number and it doesn't coincide with what's in my account, I'll again expect to see how he arrived at that number.

But if our government tells us they just "created or saved" 95,000 jobs and we see all of our unemployed friends and family from last month still out of work, plus MORE people being layed off, we're supposed to just accept it and keep moving???

What are these guys - JEDI'S??? Is the force really that strong in Obiwan Obama? Or is it just that strong in me?

We may not hold Washington accountable for their actions, but let's at least hold them accountable for providing numbers to us that we can qualify. 2+2 does not equal 95,000.

+++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment